Special additional excise duty and road cess on petrol and diesel have been raised by Re 1 per litre each.
New Delhi: A large number of items including petrol, diesel, gold, silver, cigarettes, fully-imported cars and split air conditioners (ACs) will become more expensive due to hike in taxes, as proposed by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman in the Union Budget for 2019-20.
At the same time certain items such as electric vehicle components, camera module and charger of mobile phones and set-top boxes will become cheaper.
Following is a list of items that will become costlier:
1) Petrol and diesel
2) Cigarettes, hookah and chewing tobacco
3) Gold and silver
4) Fully-imported cars
5) Split air-conditioners
7) Digital video recorders
8) Imported books
9) CCTV cameras
10) Cashew Kernels
11) Imported plastics
12) Raw materials for manufacture of soap
13) Vinyl flooring, tiles
14) Optical fibre
15) Ceramic tiles and wall tiles
16) Imported stainless steel products
17) Imported auto parts
18) Newsprint and paper for newspaper and magazines
19) Marble slabs
20) Mountings for furniture
Following is the list of items that will become cheaper:
1) Electric vehicle components
2) Camera module and charger of mobile phones
3) Set top box
4) Import of defence equipment, not manufactured in India.